What is Ember js?
Ember js is a productive and also tested JS framework. It contains everything you need to develop apps with rich user interfaces and apps that work on all devices. It is the right choice for building ambitious applications because it has unique features.
Ember is an MVC or Model-View-Controller framework. Therefore, it is suitable for building large applications.
Ember js story
Yehuda Katz, a member of the Ruby on Rails, jQuery and SproutCore teams created Ember js. He created it to get rid of the confusion between the widget library and the application framework of SproutCore 1.0. Ember js was born in 2011 in the month of December. Initially it was called SproutCore 2.0. Subsequently, the name was changed.
What are the MVC components of Ember js?
1. Model layer
This layer is built with a combination of models and ember data. It is responsible for all server side communications. Moreover, it also performs specific tasks like formatting data. The layer uses ember data to simplify code and improve performance.
2. Show layer
The next layer, the view layer, is responsible for drawing the elements on the screen. It has a sophisticated system for creating and managing views. Views are essential for responding to clicking, scrolling, dragging, etc. It is also essential to update the contents of the DOM (Document Object Model).
3. Controller layer
This is the layer between the model and the view. There are two main controllers. These are the Ember Object Controller and the Ember Network Controller.
What are the Ember js tools used for Ember js development?
Ember js has great tools to support application development. There are a few essential tools that are very important for development. Let’s look at them.
- Ember CLI – Ember CLI automatically manages and creates Ember js projects. It is an important command line program and it has many features. It is difficult to develop an Ember application without this tool.
- Ember CLI Mirage – This tool is a dummy server and helps run a working prototype of an application. It is a perfect tool for proof of development. Ember CLI Mirage has a shortcut for configuring API endpoints. It is also an essential tool for the development of Ember js.
- Ember Inspector – It is useful for checking the working status of your application. You can check the model hierarchy, depreciation, and route layout. It helps in debugging Ember applications.
- Ember Twiddle – Ember Twiddle makes it easy to develop small proofs of concept. Moreover, it also allows you to choose specific library versions from the toolbar. It is a tool specially designed for Ember.
What are the main features of Ember js?
- Ember js uses templates to update templates automatically when app content changes.
- One of the unique features is its router. This allows you to avoid breaking the canvas. You will be able to get default URLs.
- This tool has HTML and CSS at its core.
- Another important feature is âcalculated propertiesâ. It allows you to declare a function as a property. You can use this feature when changes are made to the property.
- It provides debugging of Ember applications with Ember Inspector.
Why should you use Ember js?
Ember js makes the development process easier and faster. It is suitable for both small and large projects. Developers love to work with Ember js because of its multiple benefits. What are the advantages of Ember js development?
1. Ember is easy to learn and integrate
The style and structure of the code base are similar to others. So, it is easy to learn. This is a big advantage for Ember js development companies. It takes little time to train new developers to Ember js. In addition, the company can move developers between projects. It only takes a few hours to familiarize yourself with and work on the code base, as the technology doesn’t act as a barrier when switching projects. Ember js also improves the agility of your business. It allows you to easily solve many challenges.
2. Configuration convention
Ruby on Rails popularized the idea of ââconvention rather than configuration. Ember also used the idea. As a developer, you don’t have to waste your precious time making configuration decisions and thinking about the product roadmap. It has a specific set of APIs and libraries that consist of rules for writing, verifying, and testing code. Therefore, developers develop and deploy applications easily and quickly. So you will be able to create more features in less time and less money. In addition, it has an automated update tool. So this is a great option when working in a team.
3. Wide selection of add-ons
It has a huge ecosystem with a huge selection of add-ons. You can install them easily. Most of them only need one line. So it’s a blessing for the developers. You can create your add-ons with a small command ‘Ember add-on name’.
4. Other advantages
- Firstly, it is a very good framework because you can deal with many tasks in one go.
- Ember js has a full stack of front-end development tools.
- There is a ready-made structure for the application.
- Finally, the API is friendly for developers.
What are its disadvantages?
- Ember js is not very flexible.
- It is not very popular. In addition, its growth is also slow.
- Finally, this framework is very opinionated.
There are some limitations. However, there are more advantages. It is therefore a good choice as a development framework.
In summary, Ember js is a good option for any business, from startups to businesses. Of course, this is also the best option for frontend and backend development. It will surely fit into your workflow. Get the most out of Ember js by using the best Ember js development services.