- You are using pop-up software. While most of us tend to configure the contextual setting to show nothing, some download an anti-pop-up app which can interfere with your browser and cause the problem.
- If the browser you are using is out of date, you may also see the error in question.
- It can also happen due to corrupted cache or cookies.
We will talk about all of this in detail later in the article.
- Restart your computer
- Remove anti-pop-up programs
- Clear cache and browsing data
- Update your browser
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode
Let’s talk about it in detail.
1]Restart your computer
Let’s start with the most basic and obvious solutions of all. The problem could be caused by some glitch and restarting the system can easily fix it. In addition, you also restart the browser. Therefore, if there is any problem in the browser, it will be fixed as well. Hence, go ahead and restart your computer. Then open the browser and see if the problem is resolved or not.
2]Remove anti-pop-up programs
If you have an anti-pop-up program, the first thing to do is to disable or uninstall it. You can follow the given steps to uninstall any program in Windows 11/10.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Applications> Applications and features.
- Look for the anti-pop-up program
- For Windows 11: Click on the three vertical dots and click Uninstall.
- For Windows 10: Select the program and click Uninstall.
After uninstalling, restart your computer and check if the problem persists.
- Open edge.
- Click on the three horizontal dots and select Settings.
- Make sure it is turned on.
- Open Chrome
- Go to its settings.
Open Opera and go to the following location.
Hope this will solve the problem for you.
4]Clear cache and browsing data
5]Update your browser
You can also try updating your browser as there are some sites that an outdated browser does not support. So, update your browser to the latest version and check if the problem still persists.
6]Troubleshooting in Clean Boot mode
The problem can also occur due to a third party application conflicting with your browser. We’ve talked about pop-up software before, but these aren’t the only apps that can interfere with your program. So, troubleshoot in Clean Boot to find out the cause of the problem. Then you can delete it and save the day.