A leading organization is looking for a Linux Systems Specialist to join their team. The Linux Systems Specialist will be responsible for all infrastructure and operations of the organization and its operational divisions, spanning multiple data.
- Install and configure Linux operating systems and servers.
- Monitor equipment and systems.
- Performance management of operating systems and hardware.
- Ensure the availability and performance of integrated infrastructure systems.
- Maintain and maintain Linux server and storage components according to best practices and in a cost effective manner.
- Refine storage pools, file system, snapshots, and clones on Linux systems.
- Implementation of infrastructure changes
- Perform after-hours and daily health checks
- Automation and configuration management
- Maintain documentation of Linux hardware and software components and user and operator procedures.
- Facilitate the establishment of disaster recovery procedures to ensure business continuity.
About the employer:
- 6+ years of experience in IT infrastructure and operating system
- 4+ years of Linux experience
- 1+ years of scripting and automation
- Virtualization with KVM, VMware, PowerVM, oVirt
- Higher diploma in computer science (3 years diploma / NQF level 5)
- In-depth knowledge of Linux (Red Hat / CentOS)
- Knowledge of AIX systems will be a plus
- Experience with virtualization platforms (e.g. VMWare)
- Backup and restore procedures for Linux systems
- Networking (TCP / IP)
- Authentication – PAM / AD Integration
- scenarisation ; for example Bash, Perl and Python
- Unix Security Best Practices (Understanding and Implementation)
- Behavioral understanding of databases (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL) and applications (e.g. Nginx) on Linux will be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills in the areas of business engagement
- Verbal and writing skills, both technical and non-technical
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture concepts will be a plus
- Understanding and knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) principles and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) for service delivery
- Knowledge of agile principles for project management, rapid prototyping, DevOps
- Understanding and performing disaster recovery procedures
Please note that all positions will be filled in accordance with the company’s employment equity plan. We also encourage people with disabilities to [URL Removed] you do not receive feedback on your application with us within 2 weeks of submission, you may consider your application unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website and other career sites for future opportunities that may arise.POPIA Disclaimer: Please note that by responding to this posting and providing your personal information in application thereof, you confirm your express and informed consent to Persaf Holdings (Pty) Ltd and all of its subsidiaries and affiliates to process your personal information; keep your personal information in our database for future correspondence; to contact you when appropriate opportunities arise; and that the information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.