- Source code vulnerabilities
- Validation of entries
- Use of client-side validation
- Unintentional script execution
- Exposing session data
- Unintentional user activity
- Use secure software development practices: Apply best practices that enable the development of more secure application code and help find and eliminate errors early in the application development process.
- Move the security to the “left”: Security cannot occur only after creating or installing a web application on a system. It should be part of the whole website and app development process from start to finish.
- Audit your web assets: Know what web assets you own and the type of data they contain, and regularly perform in-depth scans to reveal intrusions, behavioral anomalies, and unknown threats.