ENVIRONMENT: JOIN a leading e-health company seeking the technical expertise of a stand-alone DevOps engineer who enjoys solving complex problems to join their Durban team. Your main role will be to support local and international digital health projects in the public health technology sector, providing an effective health information system and integrated health architectures on several exciting information systems projects. digital and healthcare in South Africa and further on the African continent. You will also engage with a global set of stakeholders and international communities of practice. The successful candidate should preferably have a B degree in digital health / medicine / public health / informatics or a similar discipline, have 5 years of experience in a similar role with the ability to design and configure Continuous Integration (CI ) / continuous delivery (CD & Jenkins) and deploy multiple technology stack solutions in cloud and on-premises environments. You should also be proficient in Docker, Kubernetes, Python, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, Azure, Chef, Puppet, Git, Ansible, EC2, CloudWatch and previous experience with electronic health record. [URL Removed] infrastructure that includes configuration, monitoring and alerting, resource allocation and deployment architecture using a wide range of AWS clouds; Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Azure technologies.
- Relevant undergraduate / tertiary level education and knowledge of digital health, medicine, public health, IT, information systems or a related field is preferred.
Experience / skills
- 5 years of experience in a similar relevant position, working with highly qualified professionals and / or managers in health information systems, with cross-cultural experience.
- Database administration. You will be working with MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Ability to code and script.
- Experience with monitoring tools eg Nagios, Prometheus and Grafana.
- Google Cloud Platform and Azure technologies (compute, storage, network and monitoring).
- Able to design and configure Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD and Jenkins) pipelines.
- Experience with * nix-based systems and tools to administer, manage and monitor
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, git, Ansible).
- With specific AWS cloud technologies (EC2, ECS, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, S3, CloudWatch).
- Virtualization technology pipelines (eg Docker, Kubernetes).
- Deployment of multiple technology stack solutions in cloud and on-premises environments.
- Experience in the public health sector.
- Previous work with electronic health record systems.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems; including the ability to innovate and contribute to the ICT team.
- Collaborative people management skills, including the ability to develop and manage relationships between geographically dispersed teams of technical and program management professionals.
- Excellent command of the English language.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. AloneCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.