- Bachelor’s degree | Masters | PhD
- Singapore | Closing on March 24, 2022
One year contract
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends with healthy informality. The “family” atmosphere within the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organize, and play together, which builds collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attracting and retaining talent continues. We offer attractive benefits, competitive compensation and generous professional development opportunities, all to meet the professional and personal needs of our staff. It’s no wonder, then, that SMU continues to receive numerous awards and recognitions for the excellence of its human resources.
- Provide research assistance
- Conduct a literature review: search journals for existing research on related topics and provide summaries of the literature on those topics
- Data collection: scraping and manually collecting data from websites, retrieving data from databases such as Capital IQ, Datastream and CRSP.
- Empirical analyses: perform data analyzes using computer software such as Python or R, including advanced regression and classification algorithms and textual analyses.
- Dashboards and storytelling: visualize data using Tableau/PowerBI/Python/R
- Compile information and write research reports
- Bachelor’s/Master’s/Doctorate. A background in accounting/finance/economics/analytical will be a plus
- Literature review skills
- Proficiency in multiple research methods, including regressions, classification, and textual analysis.
- Competence in the use of statistics in research
- Able to use Python or R for empirical analyzes
- Able to use Tableau/PowerBI/Python/R for data visualization and storytelling
- Able to transcribe and process qualitative and quantitative data
- Able to work independently, with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, with experience in managing research projects
- Excellent organizational and time management skills