To infinity and beyond: A practical guide to ElasticSearch
Source: YAPC::EU 2012 on the 2012-08-20.
Speaker: Clinton Gormley (DrTech) speaker
To follow the presentation check out the slides.
It is designed to make small beginnings simple, but to scale easily to Big Data requirements without needing to rearchitect your application. No job too big or small!
This talk will introduce Elastic::Model, demonstrate how to develop a simple application, introduce some more advanced techniques, and discuss how it uses ElasticSearch to scale.
Elastic Model on GitHub.
- Do you have an idea for a killer app?
- Marvellous success!
- Need scaling!
Do you really need a relational DB? (faster horse?)
- No transaction
- No joins
- Denorlamized data
ElasticSearchElastic Search is a Lucene based product. A powerful full text search (Near real time: < second) Real time document store
- Easy sharding
- Start small, Scale massively
- index is like a database
- type is like a table
- doc is like a row in a table
- alias is like a symbolic link, points to one or more indices
- domain - An index or and alias, used for CRUD
- namespace - Maps type <=> class for all associated domains
- model - Connects your app to elasticsearch