Source: NLPW - Nederlandse Perl Workshop 2014 on the 2014-04-25.
- Searching CPAN: Use MetaCPAN instead of search.cpan.org
- Inheritance: Use parent instead of base
- Objects: use Moose or Moo, but no Mouse and never Any::Moose, nor Mo.
- Serialization: JSON, YAML, Sereal but not Storable and never XML
- HTTP User Agents: LWP::UserAgent, WWW::Mechanie, HTTP::Tiny
- Templates: Template::Toolkit or Xslate, but don't use HTML::Template, Mason
- Web: Use PSGI and not CGI.
- Threads, signals, and CPU parallel execution: