Introduction to DBIx::Class
Source: Salt Lake Perl Mongers on the 2013-06-11.
Speaker: Doran Barton speaker
Doran Barton's presentation is a brief introduction to DBIx::Class, Perl's incredible ORM module.
The Salt Lake Perl Mongers group, recently revived, currently meets the second Tuesday of each month in space provided by Bluehost.
The presentation starts with a short review of what is DBI. Then he gives an overview of DBIx::Class and then shows how to build the database part of a small blog engine.
The slides are also available to make it easier to follow the presentation.
- Abstraction layer between code and database
- "Easy" to migrate code from one RDBMS to another. In theory
ORM = Object Relational Mapper
- Database tables become objects
- Table data and relationships between tables become object methods
- Hibernate (Java)
- SQLAlchemy (Python)
- CakePHP (PHP)
- DBIx::Class (Perl) (also called DBIC)