Building your first app using MongoDB and Perl
Source: San Francisco Perl Mongers on the 2013-11-20.
Speaker: Mike Friedman (friedo) speaker
For slides and other goodies visit the Internet Archives.
What is MongoDB?
- MongoDB is a Document Oriented Database
- Open Source
- High Performance
- Horizontally Scalable (Web Scale, Sharding)
- Full Featured (buzzword compilance!)
MongoDB is a good choice if you have a lot of data that you want to get at quickly.
Library - a demo application
Inside the MongoDB Perl client
- MongoDB::Client - Encapsulates connection and server info
- MongoDB::Database - Represents a database (namespace) on the MongoDB server
- MongoDB::Collection - Represents a collection (table? kinda) in a database
- MongoDB::Cursor - Retreives documents (rows? kinda) from a collection